Friday, June 5, 2009

Valhallan Mortar Team

My shipment of ProCreate arrived the other day so I began my Cadian conversions. I started off with my Mortar Squad and after converting them (which involved trimming down the shoulder pads and then blending that in with the soft armor plus extending the skirt to make it more like a greatcoat) I started painting them. The first team is done:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Alex and I are going to be in a 1000pt doubles tourney at the end of the month (500pts a side) so I will paint up my force for that in the coming weeks so expect many updates from me! Plus, that Death Korps prize from the 25mm Warrior should be coming in soon so that will be a great update there!

3 comments:

jabberjabber said...

The snow and ice effects are awesome! Did you base coat the base in blue? There's a few bits where it shows through and it is a brilliant effect :)

Kevin said...

Thanks! What I did was based the thing with sand, primed white, gave it a regal blue wash, drybrushed white again and then after everything was painted and glued on I randomly applied my mixture of baking soda, water, glue and a bit of regal blue paint for the snow. I'm glad you like it! (I do too :D)

Admiral Drax said...

Great work, mate:

that's some very effective converting!

MiniWarGaming Store