Friday, December 10, 2010

The Friday Fix #1



Hey guys, so I decided to do something so I can maintain some sort of regular posting schedule at the forge so I introduce The Friday Fix!  Basically if I see some cool stuff on forums or blogs or wherever, I'll post it in one of these Friday posts.  Alternatively, if you guys see something cool online you'd like to share or you have a thread on a forum or blog post you'd like to promote and think is pretty cool you can email it to me and I will include it in one of these new weekly posts!  Just send an email to terranforge@gmail.com with the title "Friday Fix" and I'll get back to you asap (i check my email super regularly so I guarantee I'll see it).  As long as it's 40k related, anything goes so long as it's interesting!

For this week, I point you to a post over at the Astronomican Forums by member tkkultist.  He's a member of "Team North America" and posted some cool WIP shots of the Primarchs used for the Golden Demon competitions in 2008 (I believe).  Really cool "behind the scenes" work that I thought was absolutely fascinating.

The lead image is Fulgrim by Chris Borer (and, incidentally, he won a Golden Demon and the Slayer Sword for his work).   Here are some WIP shots:

This next one is Ferrus Manus by Nathan Comanse:

And the last one I'll post is Lion El'Johnson by Tom Shadle:

Some incredible stuff, and absolutely thrilling to be able to see into the process of making such an incredible array of models.  To see more of the Primarchs, just mozy on over to this post on the Astronomican forums.  I promise you, it's worth it!  You can also check out tkkultist's (James Craig's) album on his site Lost In The Warp for even more Primarch goodness!







2 comments:

John Stiening said...

I'm glad I checked your blog out. I would have never found these, and they are fantastic.

Xouh said...

Amazing work !

What is this king of armor on ferrus manus? techmarines?

MiniWarGaming Store